Happy New Year!! While we prepare to make 2018 another great year, let’s look back at some of the highlights from our blog that made 2017 memorable.
- Celebrating our 25th anniversary with family picnics across our 8 offices
- Supporting the local organizations that our consultants are passionate about
- Sharing our perspective on emerging trends, approaches and common challenges
- Gathering with consultants from across our offices for once in a lifetime experiences
Don’t take my word for it, however. Check out what our consultants have been saying…
- The Business of SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) provides direction on how to solve common business and IT problems to ensure teams are aligned in terms of strategy, process, and solutions. This post explores why SAFEe is the preferred model for Enterprise Agility.
- IoT in Healthcare – Connections Big and Small – The Internet of Things (IoT) is quickly becoming a mainstream term, thanks to the popularity of smartphones, connected home appliances, and wearable trackers like those sold by Fitbit and Jawbone. This post explores the opportunities and watch-outs for IoT adoption in healthcare, specifically for improving patient care and engagement, as well as what can be done to set up an organization for success when formulating an IoT strategy.
- Aligning Product Vision Using Rapid Prototyping and UX – Nearly every organization is faced with a common problem: getting key stakeholders to agree to and deliver a solution that achieves shared business goals. Read this blog to learn how to overcome the constant disconnect between stakeholders that threatens projects.
- Demystifying Cybersecurity – News of brazen hacking attacks have become commonplace in today’s business environment. As business leaders, how can we understand the cause of these attacks, and how can we protect our company’s most valuable assets? This blog post breaks down the concept of Cybersecurity (also referred to as Information Security) as an introduction for professionals new to this discipline.
- Professional Accountability: What it Means and Why it Matters – James Mossburg discusses how an early lesson learned as a Marine Infantry Platoon Commander on accountability continues to apply in his life as a consultant at SEI.
- Looking Back at My First Decade as an SEI’er – Joe Combs looks back on what it’s like to spend a decade with SEI.
- Who’s Your Who? – Read the post from Joe James that inspired us to create a video on about “who’s your who.”
- Crossing the Grand Canyon – Crossing the Grand Canyon in less than a day is a daunting goal. In this blog, Andrea Metz shares the story of how 9 SEI’ers from across our offices came together to accomplish the seemingly impossible goal of completing the “Rim-to-Rim” hike in Grand Canyon National Park, making this bucket list item a reality for these consultants.
- The SEI Peloton – In August, a group of seven SEI consultants will once again step up to the challenge and cycle 190 miles over 2 days across the state of Massachusetts. This event, The Pan Mass Challenge, raises money for life saving cancer research and treatment at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- EPIC Outreach – At SEI, excellence in service applies as much to our local communities as our clients. In this blog, Christy Overall shares her passion for the Atlanta Mission, an organization with the goal of ending homelessness and why her colleague’s support makes all the difference.