Happy New Year! Before we close the book on another notable year, let’s look back at some of the highlights that made 2019 one of our most memorable years yet:
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! We admit it: there’s a certain sense of pride that stems from being recognized as one of the best places to work:
- Consulting Magazine named SEI among its “Best Firms to Work For.” This year marked our debut on this prestigious list following an eight-year run on the magazine’s “Best Small Firms to Work For” list. “It is a tremendous honor for us to be recognized as a ‘Best Firm to Work For,’” says SEI CEO Bill Gallagher. “Achieving this award as a larger company shows our continued commitment to maintaining the highest standards for our clients and consultants.”
- Three SEIers celebrated their 25-year anniversaries in 2019. To Anette Stewart, Maria Korengel, and Joe Shumski: we love you, we appreciate you, and we congratulate you!
- Our Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, Dallas, and DC. offices were honored among the best places to work in their respective markets.
- SEI-Chicago was recognized as one of the 10 Fastest-Growing Companies in Chicago.
- Our Chicago, Dallas, and New York offices were named to Magazine’s annual guide to the 5,000 fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S.
Supporting the local organizations that our consultants are passionate about:
- VETERANS’ MONTH: SEI SPONSORS TEAM FASTRAX™ WARRIOR WEEKEND TO REMEMBER: The Warrior Weekend to Remember is an amazing way to create an environment in which people who have shared extreme experiences can build relationships, support each other, and stay connected — all while having some fun.
- SHOOT FOR THE MOON: SEI-ATLANTA’S FIGHT AGAINST CANCER: SEI participated in the Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon, which benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Sharing our perspective on emerging trends, approaches, and common challenges:
- IMPLEMENTING A COMPETITIVE GDPR COMPLIANCE POSTURE: It can seem daunting to develop enduring processes, incorporate data privacy into corporate strategy, and conduct ongoing training all at once. Learn more about what it takes to implement a competitive GDPR strategy by reviewing this webinar presented in partnership with EVERFI.
- TAKING ADVANTAGE OF BLOCKCHAIN: Curious about blockchain? Don’t miss this webinar from consultant Rachael Martino, which explores how your business could benefit from the technology everyone’s talking about.
- THE PERFECT UNION: DESIGN THINKING, RAPID PROTOTYPING, AND AGILE: Learn how you can design, test, and deliver customer-focused products in a fast, iterative way using the project management principles you may already have in place.
- THE STORIES YOUR DATA CAN TELL: Do you know where your data has been? In this blog, Nancy Ketchum explains the stories your data can tell.
Gathering with other consultants to share once-in-a-lifetime experiences:
- HIKING MT. WASHINGTON: While a winter hike up a New Hampshire mountain might not seem like your typical team-building event, Lisa DeNapoli shares how she and seven of her SEI-Boston teammates braved the elements to achieve a common goal.
Celebrating the culture and history that makes SEI — and our consultants — unique:
- SEI EMBRACES NEW HIRES: Boston’s Heather Kinsy reflects on her first three months at SEI and the cultural norms that set us apart.
- CONSIDER THE PERSON: Joe James reflects on reaching a major milestone (five years!) with SEI and why we put our peers, customers, and communities at the center of what we do.
In 2019, we doubled down on delivery excellence, culture, and fun, all the while growing our nine local employee-owned offices. From us and ours to you and yours, cheers to 2020!